Little things can make a big difference. You can help support the Ronald McDonald House of South Florida by collecting the little tabs you pull to open soda, soup or other aluminum cans.
Many groups such as schools, corporations, clubs and communities participate in this program and it’s a simple way to make a big difference.
Organizing Your Pop Tab Collection
It is easy to start collecting, whether you are collecting by yourself or with a group!
Make your Pop Tab Container. You can use all different materials to make you pop tab container. Some recommendations include larger plastic bottles, large coffee containers, or plastic buckets. Use our template to wrap it up or make your own! You can also request small or large Ronald McDonald Houses by emailing us today!
Be sure to communicate with your friends, family, and co-workers! Let them know why you are collecting and what Ronald McDonald House of South Florida does. Share posts on social media using #PopTabRMHCSFL and #RMHCSFL to remind your followers to share their pop tabs with you or start their own collection!
- Aluminum tabs are cleaner and easier to store and transport than the rest of the can.
- There are about 1,200 pull tabs in a pound.
- There are approximately 63,360 pull tabs (placed end to end) in a mile.
- The Sears Tower is 1,454 feet tall…or 17,448 pull tabs tall.
- It takes approximately 29 pounds of pull tabs to cover the cost of a one night stay for a family.
- It takes approximately 120 pounds of pull tabs to equal the cost of one day’s electricity for the House.
- It takes approximately 6,500 pounds of pull tabs to equal the cost of one day’s operating expenses for the house.
Where can I take the pop tabs?
Please bring your tabs to the South Florida House any day between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. If you have questions call our office at 305-324-5683 or via email email@example.com/dev/
Ronald McDonald House Miami
1145 NW 14 Terrace, Miami FL 333136