Join our Ronald McDonald House family and help make a difference in the lives of critically ill children every day. Our House provides a caring and supportive environment – not only for our guest families, but for our staff of dedicated individuals as well. We take the time to express our appreciation, recognize successes, and be there for one another because we know we are stronger together.
Current positions available:
- Volunteer Program and House Activities Manager (1 full time position).
- The Volunteer Program and House Activities Manager is responsible for recruiting, interviewing, training, scheduling, supervising and recognizing adult, teen and group volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House of Miami.
- Responsible for coordinating all logistics on volunteer based House activities such as: Adopt a Meal program, Healthy Hour, special corporate visits or projects.
- Recruit volunteers and interns to assist in all RMHC of South Florida signature fundraising or third-party events
- It is the primary responsibility of the Volunteer Manager to strengthen the volunteer base in order to ensure effective, efficient operation of the House and its programs.
- Working hours M-F 9:00 am till 6:00 pm. Possibility of weekend days worked during special events or presentations. This is a 40 hour position and hours are worked on a flexible schedule to meet the house and orgnization needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, non-profit management or related field
- At least two years related experience and for coordinating volunteer and other special events or activities.
- Experience in similar leading positions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and stay organized to ensure timely and accurate work.
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Problem solver and attention to detail.
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people and personalities.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible approach to working hours, diplomatic, trustworthy, creative, productive worker.
- Ability to function responsibly and autonomously
- Work as a team in securing in-kind or other monetary donations
2. Assistant House Manager (Full time position- 1 position available). The Assistant House Manager is responsible for managing the operations of the Ronald McDonald House of Miami during designated evening hours (4:00 pm- to midnight Monday through Friday), while promoting the safety and security of residents and building. Responsibilities:
- Represent RMHC in a professional knowledgeable manner
- Execute defined policies and procedures established by the RMHC Chapter.
- Report to scheduled shift in a timely and reliable manner
- Welcome guest families, complete check in paperwork and provide tours.
- Provide and assist families with information, directing them to resources, activities or amenities.
- Provide regular rounds throughout the shift to endure the building is secure and identify maintenance needs, login issues as appropriate.
- Assist with statistics for program by inputting daily occupancy records, including guest donations and data entry of in-kinds as needed.
- Work with hospital staff on a daily basis, keep communication open
- Collect and report payments and donations as they arrive
- Respond to crisis situations as needed and complete incident reports. Inform House Manager of unusual incidents.
- Complete special projects assigned by House Manager or Executive Director
- Track inventory of house supplies and communicate excess/ identify needs of House.
- Promote an atmosphere of encouragement and support
- Perform light housekeeping duties, including resetting the kitchen, stocking supplies, empty trash, dishes, bed making, etc.
- Assist House Manager in the training of volunteers, meal groups, and special programs as needed in the facility
- Knowledge of program location security system and features.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, hospitality or business.
- Two years of relevant experience in residential program or hospitality preferred.
- Must be a self starter with the ability to multitask and function effectively.
- Ability to thinks proactively and respond appropriately
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with staff,employees and the general public.
- Ability to represent the charity effectively both verbally and written form.
- Effective communication, writing and grammar skills, paying great attention to detail.
- Compassionate and caring individual, aligned to the mission and standard of care.
- Demonstrate objectivity, fairness, tact, and confidentiality
- PHYSICAL ABILITIES that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Moderate sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of carrying 20-30 lb
3. Weekend House Manager (2 part time positions available). This position is responsible for the overall management operations and security of the Ronald McDonald House during the weekends. Operations include assisting and interacting with families with any needs; supervising volunteers; providing tours; verify and notify any maintenance work. Working hours are Saturdays and/ or Sundays selecting the AM or PM shift. Minimum 24 hours a month.
- Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Hospitality or Property Management, similar field
- Experience in customer service (minimum 2 years)
- Computer knowledge and excellent and verbal writing skills
*No phone calls please. We are unable to reply to all calls and want to be fair to each applicant. Thank you for your understanding.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t see the job you are looking for? You can submit a resume for future consideration by clicking here.