Grants Program- 2020 GUIDELINES
Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida extends its reach to the broader community by awarding grants to other 501(c)(3) local charitable organizations and programs that directly improve the lives of children in South Florida four counties: Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward and Palm Beach. Since 1988, more than $4.8 million dollars have been awarded to different South Florida organizations that directly benefit children. Once a year our grants committee carefully screens applications from area non profits organizations that have demonstrated an ability to respond the needs of children and their families in a definite, hands on manner, yielding measurable results.
RMHC provides funds in the areas of:
Health and fitness education
Healthcare and medical research
Social and Civic Concerns
Education and the Arts
Financial support from our grants program is limited to funds raised through funds are generated solely from Donation box collections at McDonald s restaurants throughout South Florida and matching funds from Global RMHC. For 2020 a total of $50,000 will be available for grants requests. Any approved organization, may receive a grant every 2 years.
For 2019, $50,000 were awarded to the following non profit organizations throughout South Florida:
- Bridge Disability Network (Broward County)
- After School All Stars (Miami-Dade County
- United Community Options (Broward & Palm Beach Counties County)
- Caridad Center (Palm Beach County)
- Miami Diaper Bank (Miami-Dade County)
Grant Program Details / Qualifications
To be considered for funding, a children s organization must be designated as not-for profit 501(c)(3) and tax exempt as defined under IRS codes.
RONALD McDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES (RMHC) Board of Trustees is most interested in organizations that have:
• A program that directly benefits children (ages 0-18 years)
• Consistent and effective management
• Clear goals and objectives
• A broad base of funding support
• A demonstrated ability to respond to the needs of specific groups of children in a manner that yields measurable results
• A specific program they are seeking to fund
RMHC does not fund:
• Advertising or fundraising drives
• Partisan, political or denominational programs
• Ongoing general and administrative costs
• Intermediary funding agencies
• Endowment campaigns
• Ongoing salaries or travel expenses
Grant amounts: range from $5,000 to $10,000.
STEP ONE: Letter of intent
- A letter of intent is the first step to apply for funds from Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida.
- To be considered, letter must not exceed more than two pages and include:
- organization cover sheet
- organization information
- purpose of the project
- project description
- project evaluation
- Deadline to submit letter of intent: Friday, March 6 2020 (no exceptions)
- Letter of intent should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your letter of intent was approved, you will receive an email invitation to submit a full application by Friday, April 24, 2019
STEP TWO: Full Grant Proposal and Application
Only applies to those who receive full grant application invitation via email.
The following information must accompany your completed Grant Application form:
- A one or two page cover letter on your organization s letterhead, signed by a senior management official, briefly outlining your proposal.
- A letter of endorsement from a McDonald s representative on company letterhead, who is familiar with your organization and the project you are submitting your funding request for.
- A copy of the Internal Revenue Service ruling of the organization s tax exempt status under Section 501(c) (3).
- A detailed budget specifically outlining the amount of funds you are requesting from RMHC of South Florida
- A broad base of other sources of funding and support.
- A review by an independent CPA if annual income is between $250,000 and audited financial report if income is over $500,000.
- A 990 or 990EZ that has been submitted to the IRS in the past 12 months.
- Incomplete or late applications will be declined and returned.
- Deadline to submit full application: Friday, August 14, 2020
- Our grants review will be held September 10, 2020
FINAL STEP AND AFTER FUNDING
If your proposal is approved, grantees will be required to use the forms for submitting their final report within six months of receipt of award. This allows Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida to ensure our grants are used to their full potential. See document attached to the right hand side.
Submit completed reporting forms via email or hard copy to:
RMHC of South Florida
1145 NW 14 Terrace
Miami, FL 33134
For questions, please call Soraya Rivera-Moya at (305) 324-5683 ext. 5