Grants Program- 2016 GUIDELINES
Two times a year, Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida funds other non profit organizations committed to improving the lives of children in South Florida four counties: Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward and Palm Beach. Since 1988, more than $4.8 million dollars have been awarded to different South Florida organizations that directly benefit children.
RMHC provides funds in the areas of:
Health and fitness education
Healthcare and medical research
Social and Civic Concerns
Education and the Arts
Financial support from our grants program is limited to funds raised through funds are generated solely from Donation box collections at McDonald s restaurants throughout South Florida and matching funds from Global RMHC. For 2016 a total of $100,000 will be available for grants requests.
For 2016, $100,000 were awarded to the following non profit organizations throughout South Florida:
- Taylor’s Closet (Broward County)
- Boys and Girls Club (Broward County)
- Villa Lyan Academy (Miami-Dade County)
- Diabetes Research Institute (Miami-Dade County)
- Caridad Center (Palm Beach County)
Grant Program Details / Qualifications
To be considered for funding, a children s organization must be designated as not-for profit 501(c)(3) and tax exempt as defined under IRS codes.
RONALD McDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES (RMHC) Board of Trustees is most interested in organizations that have:
• A program that directly benefits children (ages 0-18 years)
• Consistent and effective management
• Clear goals and objectives
• A broad base of funding support
• A demonstrated ability to respond to the needs of specific groups of children in a manner that yields measurable results
• A specific program they are seeking to fund
RMHC does not fund:
• Advertising or fundraising drives
• Partisan, political or denominational programs
• Ongoing general and administrative costs
• Intermediary funding agencies
• Endowment campaigns
• Ongoing salaries or travel expenses
Grant amounts: range from $5,000 to $25,000.
The following information must accompany your completed Grant Application form:
- A one or two page cover letter on your organization s letterhead, signed by a senior management official, briefly outlining your proposal.
- A letter of endorsement from a McDonald s representative on company letterhead, who is familiar with your organization and the project you are submitting your funding request for.
- A copy of the Internal Revenue Service ruling of the organization s tax exempt status under Section 501(c) (3).
- A detailed budget specifically outlining the amount of funds you are requesting from RMHC of South Florida
- A broad base of other sources of funding and support.
- A review by an independent CPA if annual income is between $250,000 and audited financial report if income is over $500,000.
- A 990 or 990EZ that has been submitted to the IRS in the past 12 months.
- Six (6) copies of all documents. Do not bind the application or documents of support. Incomplete applications will be declined.
The Board meets two times per year to review, select and award grants to not-for-profit childrens’ organizations which have demonstrated an ability to respond to the needs of specific groups of children in a definite, “hands-on” manner that yields measurable results.
2017 Grant Deadlines- only two application periods are available this year.
Friday, February 24, 2017
Friday, September 1, 2017
For questions, please email Soraya Rivera-Moya or call (305) 324-5683 ext. 5
Six copies of the complete application and all documents required need be mailed or hand delivered by 5 pm on deadline day. No Faxes. No exceptions.
Please mail or hand delivered to:
RMHC of South Florida
1145 NW 14 Terrace
Miami, FL 33136
Follow up report- REQUIRED
If your proposal is approved, you will be required to address a few questions within six months of receipt of award. This allows Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida to ensure our grants are used to their full potential. See document attached to the right hand side.