Ronald McDonald House at Jackson Memorial Medical Center
The Ronald McDonald House, located at Jackson Memorial Medical Center, was the first in South Florida and opened its doors in August 17, 1982. The 31 bedroom facility assists more than 3500 families a year from all over the world.
Miami House Tour
Kitchen at the Miami Ronald McDonald House
Dining room and TV area decorated thanks to Interior Designer & Volunteer Maite Granda
A comfortable guest room
Each house is open to any family referred by an authorized hospital staff person such as nurse, social worker or doctor in order to receive a room.
Rooms are assigned on a first come, first-served basis, and we request a minimal contribution of $20.00 per night from each of our families, though no family is turned away if they cannot pay.
- Family’s child must be 21 years of age and younger.
- Patient must be receiving treatment at any Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach County pediatric hospital such as: Holtz Children’s Hospital; Miami Children’s; Shala Foundation Children’s Hospital at Broward General Medical Center, St. Mary’s Hospital, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Plantation General Hospital and / or Holy Cross Hospital.
- Only one room is assigned per family.
- The maximum length of stay is 90 consecutive days. After those maximum days, families need to check out, be re-referred by a hospital staff person, and then they will be placed on a waiting list for re-admittance.
- Families will need to call the House the day before check in to confirm availability.
- We operate with a waiting list, and we never know when a child is going to be released from the hospital and the family will be ready to go home.
- Rooms must be slept in nightly to retain your stay.
- Room capacity, 4 individuals per room (due to fire restrictions).
- No food is allowed on the rooms, only in kitchen and dining room areas.
- Each family is required to do one small household chore daily that generally can be completed in 20 minutes or less.
- Families are responsible for cleaning their rooms, including washing linens, before checkout.
Check in is available anytime as our office operates 24 hours a day, seven days of the week. Our staff members are happy to assist any family that is being referred.