Ronald McDonald House of Miami
The Ronald McDonald House of Miami was the first in South Florida and opened its doors in August 17, 1982. The 31 bedroom facility is located on the grounds of Jackson Memorial Medical Center. Every year more than 500 families from all over the world stay at this facility.
Miami House Tour
Take a look at what our Miami Ronald McDonald House has to offer!
Ronald McDonald House of Fort Lauderdale
The second House opened in Fort Lauderdale on May 11, 2004. The facility features 16 private bedroom and common areas such as kitchen, dining room, library, indoor and outdoor play areas. It is located on the grounds of Broward General Medical Center and Chris Evert Children’s Hospital. Every year, more than 150 families use the services of this facility.
Fort Lauderdale House Tour
Take a look at what our Fort Lauderdale Ronald McDonald House has to offer!
A bedroom at the Ronald McDonald House of Miami.
Kitchen at the Miami Ronald McDonald House
Family room at the Fort Lauderdale Ronald McDonald House
A comfortable guest room at the Fort Lauderdale Ronald McDonald House
Recently renovated dinning and TV area thanks to volunteer Interior Designer Maite Granda
A guest room at the Miami Ronald McDonald House
Each house is open to any family referred by an authorized hospital staff person such as nurse, social worker or doctor in order to receive a room.
Rooms are assigned on a first come, first-served basis, and we request a minimal contribution of $20.00 per night from each of our families, though no family is turned away if they cannot pay.
- Family’s child must be 21 years of age and younger.
- Patient must be receiving treatment at any Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach County pediatric hospital such as: Holtz Children’s Hospital; Miami Children’s; Chris Evert Children’s Hospital at Broward General Medical Center, St. Mary’s Hospital, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Plantation General Hospital and / or Holy Cross Hospital.
- Only one room is assigned per family.
- The maximum length of stay is 60 consecutive days. After those maximum days, families need to check out, be re-referred by a hospital staff person, and then they will be placed on a waiting list for re-admittance.
- Families will need to call the House the day before check in to confirm availability.
- We operate with a waiting list, and we never know when a child is going to be released from the hospital and the family will be ready to go home.
- Rooms must be slept in nightly to retain your stay.
- Room capacity, 4 individuals per room (due to fire restrictions).
- No food is allowed on the rooms, only in kitchen and dining room areas.
- Each family is required to do one small household chore daily that generally can be completed in 20 minutes or less.
- Families are responsible for cleaning their rooms, including washing linens, before checkout.
Check in is available anytime as our office operates 24 hours a day, seven days of the week. Our staff members are happy to assist any family that is being referred.