Ronald McDonald House on the campus of Jackson Memorial Medical Center
The Ronald McDonald House, located at Jackson Memorial Medical Center, was the first in South Florida and opened its doors in August 17, 1982.
The 31 bedroom facility assists more than 350 families a year from all over the world.
Miami House Tour
Kitchen at the Miami Ronald McDonald House
Dining room and TV area decorated thanks to Interior Designer & Volunteer Maite Granda
A comfortable guest room
ELIGIBILITY AND ADMISSION INFORMATION
- To stay at the Ronald McDonald House, families must have a child (up to 21 years og age) receiving medical care at any of South Florida pediatric hospitals such as Holtz Children’s Hospital; Miami Children’s; Shala Foundation Children’s Hospital at Broward General Hospital, St. Mary’s Hospital, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Plantation General Hospital and / or Holy Cross Hospital.
- Accommodations are offered to those family members involved in the daily care of the patient.
- Guest rooms are limited to 2 people with one full bed.
- A referral is required by an authorized hospital staff person such as nurse, social worker or doctor in order to receive a room.
- All family members 18 years of age and older requesting to stay overnight, must agree to a criminal background screening. If you have already made a room request you will need to fill out a criminal background screening authorization, that can be sent via email. House Manager will communicate with family once referral is received.
- Although families are asked to make a donation of $20 per night while staying with us, no one is ever turned away due to inability to contribute.
- Families must live an hour’s drive (or 50 miles) or more away from the hospital. A referral is required from the hospital or treatment facility.
- Rooms are assigned on a first come, first-served basis,
- Only one room is assigned per family.
- The maximum length of stay is 30 consecutive days. After this, a new referral is needed for continuous lodging.
- Families will need to call the House the day before check in to confirm availability.
- We operate with a waiting list, and we never know when a child is going to be released from the hospital and the family will be ready to go home.
- Rooms must be slept in nightly to retain your stay.
- Room capacity, 2 individuals per room (due to fire restrictions).
- No food is allowed on the rooms, only in kitchen and dining room areas.
- Families are responsible for cleaning their rooms, including washing linens, before checkout.
Check in is available from 9:00 am till 9:00 pm.
For any questions, feel free to call our office and speak to one of our House Managers (305) 324-5683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org