LAUNCHING SUMMER OF 2019!
Our newest program “Hospitality a la Carte” will provide morning smiles once a month in the form of coffee, cookies, pastries, drinks and care kits to pediatric families and patients receiving treatment at Holtz Children’s Hospital. Volunteers will take their cheerful cart throughout the pediatric units and newborn intensive care unit providing a moment of respite for pediatric patients and families. A small gesture like this offers parents a break in their morning and gives them a gentle lift to keep them strong. These items are delivered with lots of love and a smile by our caring volunteers and staff. The program also allows Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida to serve families that we may not work with in our other programs. We are very excited to extend our support and resources to serve more families with this new program.
VOLUNTEER QUALIFICATIONS: Must have strong people skills (bilingual a plus) and work well with children of all ages and diagnosis. Some awareness of child growth and development is preferred. Meets the physical requirements of the job and is able to walk and stand up to two to three hours per day, push a heavy cart, and bend and reach low for materials. Command of information about House and programs offered on site. Minimum age of 18 and six month commitment required. Volunteer must also complete the volunteer orientation at both RMH and Holtz Children’s Hospital.
VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES (A shift may include):
- Follow all hospital and House rules and codes of conduct including personal health guidelines
- Maintain boundaries with families and children served
- Sorting, loading and transporting cart with items to Holtz Children’s Hospital.
- Facilitation of simple craft and-or other activities with children and parents.
- Act as an ambassador of the House within the hospital.
- Maintain statistics on persons served.
- Communicate with RMH staff about response to items on the cart.
- Record Volunteer hours on proper forms for RMH and Holtz Children’s Hospital.
- Comply with Holtz Children’s Hospital and RMH Health and training requirements
- Wear specified identification, a RMH T-shirt and closed toed shoes while in the hospital.
ORIENTATION/TRAINING: Must complete the volunteer orientation at RMH and Holtz Children’s Hospital. Additional orientation and training will be provided by the program supervisor at specified times to be determined on an individual basis. Must wear specified RMH identification at all time while in the House and identification while at the hospital.
For more information or to participate in this program, please contact Volunteer Manager, Veronica Forte